Saturday, May 8, 2010

Spring Projects!

Now that I am out of school and not working nearly as much as I would like to be. ( I was hired part time. However, starting in June I will be full time!!! NIGHTS!!! Yuck! I don't really like nights, but hey, I am glad to finally be going full time with everything that comes with that-money, benefits, less spare time, etc.) Anyway, I had to pick up some hobbies; I am also trying to cultivate my homemaking skills. So I have been doing some fun projects. Today I planted a garden!! We have a spot but it doesn't get a ton of sun, so I am a little dubious, but I think it will work out. I will keep you posted. Here are the flowers I planted. I planted marigolds, dusty miller, and some strange purple flower. Yay for flowers! I will post pictures as the summer progresses to show the growth.

Now to the vegetable garden. Here are the pepper plants I planted. One green bell and one orange bell.
Tomatoes are a must for me in the summer. Here is my cute little tomato plant. I have great hopes for this little plant! Please grow for me!

Here is the whole thing. It's a nice little garden, don't you think?! I planted tomatoes, peppers, walla walla onions, carrots, cucumbers, and cantelope! The cantelope are in another area, but you are looking at everything else! I really hope this works because I love fresh veggies and I like saving money at the grocery store!

Another fun project I finished today was the rag quilt I have been working on since I moved to Utah. Look at how cute it is!!! It was my second quilt, and my first rag quilt and I had so much fun making it!
Here is a picture of the back of the quilt. I went with green and purple as my main colors and I really love how it turned out.
This is a close up of the fraying. I washed it today and I was worried about how the fraying would turn out, but it worked!

Here is the finished project on my bed! It looks a lot better with my curtains than my other quilt!
The other thing I did this week that I was excited about was I made a menu! I have been planning on doing this for quite awhile, but I finally did it. I find that it does simplify life quite a bit. I don't have to think about what I am going to eat. I used to end up eating something that was fast and easy because I was always starving by the time dinner came around. Now I find that I am cooking better food, and I am able to use leftovers to make other meals. Some fun things i've made this week are: fajhitas, rice pudding, german pancakes, and tonight I had lemon-herb chicken that was FANTASTIC! If anyone would like the receipe let me know! Wow I am liking this domestic stuff! Now I just need a man to cook for!!!;)

2 comments:

  1. An! oh my heck that is absolutely adorable!!! I love those colors :) That motivates me to start some amazing project like that.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute quilts! So are you taking orders? :)

    ReplyDelete