Saturday, January 16, 2010

News...

Well on Wednesday, January 13th, I finally got the dreaded NCLEX over! For those of you who don't know the NCLEX is the nursing licensure exam. It is a test with a minimum of 75 questions and a maximum of 265 questions. I was very nervous for it because without a passing grade on this test I couldn't license as a registered nurse. To make a long story short I drove to Salt Lake with my parents and we stayed the night. I woke up Wednesday morning at 5:45 and my Dad dropped me off in Draper to take the test. We didn't know how long my test would be so he just left me there and they would pick me up after I called. My test shut off after 75 questions which made me very nervous because I was afraid that I had missed every question! It was a hard test. Come to find out my results actually came back really fast and I passed! I am now a registered nurse for the state of Utah. Yes, that is where I plan to work after I find a job. A job...that might take awhile! Anyway it is a huge relief to have the test over and I was very pleased with my results. And now I can't resist signing off like so:


Andrea Christensen, RN

I have to explain this picture really quick. My mom wanted me to buy the traditional nurses cap just for fun. It used to be an essential part of a nurse's uniform but it is no longer used (thank heaven!). So to make her happy I bought one and we took this picture. Mom didn't like the cap nearly as well as she thought she would! It is kind of silly looking!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Andrea! You'll make such a great nurse! I found your blog on Jennifer's and I would love to keep in touch with you! When you get a chance send me an email so I can invite you to my blog!
    laura.jolley@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete