Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thankful...

Thanksgiving was my holiday off this year, which means I will be working on Christmas Day. A little sad, but I am thankful for the opportunity to serve others on the day where we celebrate the life of Jesus Christ that was a life, after all, full of service.

I enjoyed the opportunity to go home for the holiday. I hadn't been home in 2 months which is a long, long time for me. We spent the day at my Grandparent Waddoups' home. We had a lovely time with family. There were some people missing and we missed them a lot. We had an excellent dinner and plenty of wonderful, (loud) conversation!

The rest of the weekend was spent hanging out with Christensen extended family, enjoying Cameron's Eagle Court of Honor, going for a lovely horse ride, flying cam's airplane, and staying up way too late playing hearts.

I am thankful for so many things. I can't do them justice with a list, but I love that Thanksgiving gives us a chance to think of the things we are grateful for. I also love that Thanksgiving is the gateway to the holidays and that the entire Christmas season is a chance to be grateful and show our gratitude to our Heavenly Father by serving others.

I am so grateful for my family, for the gospel, for the Atonement, for the temple, for my roommates, and for a good job. I am grateful for my education, my healthy body, my wholesome upbringing, my extended family, and my brothers' missions. I am grateful for good friends, good dates, good food, and a good home. I am grateful for love, peace, the Spirit, promptings, revelation, faith, and joy. I am grateful for the outdoors, for mountains, for water, for beauty, for traveling, and for fun activities. Most of all I am grateful for my Heavenly Father's love, for Jesus Christ and his sacrifice for me, and for my wonderful wise parents.

 Flying the airplane. Cam is a pro. He did loop-de-loops and flew upside down.
 Again Cam is awesome. He was pretty nervous when my dad almost wrecked the plane.
 Cam's eagle court of honor.

2 comments:

  1. Andrea, I love reading your blog! And I'm so glad all is going well with you. Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas!~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amber! How is life for you? I understand you have a very cute little one! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete