Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Why I love fall!

Fall is such a glorious time of year. I love so many things about it. The colors are probably at the top of my list. I love the reds, browns, yellows, and oranges that are found in the mountains mixed in with green and blue. I especially love Provo in the fall. The mountains seem to glow red with the changing leaves. I love the cooler weather that is so perfect for hiking and biking trips. And of course I love pumpkin anything.

I was able to go home a few weeks ago for a bike ride. We started in Yellowstone Park and rode down to Bear Gulch over two days. It was such nice weather and such a great bike ride. Dad, Cam, and I rode most of the way with Mom and Grandpa taking a few short rides as well. I think I logged about 30 miles between the two days. We had a nice time camping overnight at the lot in Island Park too.
 Here are Dad and Cam on the trail somewhere.

 There were some nice colors starting to come out along the trail. The trail is actually the old railroad that started in Ashton and goes up through Yellowstone.
 This is one of the prettiest parts of the trail. Also the start of the Big Springs float that we have done many times.
 So beautiful!
 Cam and I in front of the train tunnel. When I was little this was still open and we would ride our bikes through. It got so dark in the middle of the tunnel! I guess that there was a cave in a few years ago.
This was one of our favorite parts of the trail, it was super easy riding and so beautiful. Dad and I actually rode back up this part of the trail to get the car.
 So Dad was supposed to run a marathon this last Saturday but got super sick the day before and was unable to do the race. Hopefully he will be doing another one in a few weeks. Marybeth and I took advantage of the nice weather on Saturday though and went hiking. We did Y mountain again like last year. It was just as beautiful. These pictures are actually from my own little adventure earlier last week. I liked the effect of the fog and the colors.


Not sure why I brought the sunglassess! I didn't need to use them!

 Love it!

2 comments:

  1. you do the funnest stuff. Looks like you were up Y mountain a lot earlier than us! I remember hiking through that train tunnel shortly after Traci and I were married and her family came up for a visit. Bummer about the cave-in. It sounds like an awesome bike ride, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL!!! Your pictures AND you of course :) Love reading about all your fun adventures! So fun :)

    ReplyDelete